A simple game costing $3,000 to play, set a score, and unlock more
Yuga Labs has launched Dookey Dash, an NFT-gated endless runner game which has registered more than $35.7 million in trading volume. In its debut week the players have traded the Sewer Pass NFTs, which give access to the game, 9,601 times.
Yuga Labs issued 21,791 Sewer Passes to its BAYC, MAYC and BAKC holders. Long story short, the Sewer Pass gives you access to a hyper-casual skill-based endless runner game, and this will unlock new NFT drops down the line. Demand for all these Yuga Labs NFTs is very high at the moment.
The cheapest Sewer Pass NFTs listed on any marketplace, will cost you 1.89 ETH or just over $3,000. In the past 24 hours alone, 447 of these passes switched wallets. Demand for the Sewer Passes seems undeniable, and these give access to an endless runner game.
The community can play Dookey Dash from 18 January until 8 February. After that the game closes and the scores registered on the Sewer Passes will be frozen. The number 1 player will receive a key, while all other participants can join The Summoning on 15 February.
Dookey Dash is only the first step of a process Yuga Labs calls ‘skill-based minting’. The roadmap suggests one more mandatory mini-game, followed by either a merge with a Bored Ape Kennel Club NFT or a third game. All these mini-games will supposedly be powered by ApeCoin, the native currency of the Bored Ape ecosystem.
$3,000 to start playing
Yuga Labs airdropped the Sewer Pass to those who hold a Bored Ape Yacht Club or Mutant Ape Yacht Club NFT. Depending on which one they hold, players receive a point boost. Do they also hold a Bored Ape Kennel Club, they can expect an extra boost. It’s no surprise that some people label this mechanic as “pay-to-win”, a business model that triumphed in the mobile gaming industry.
Nonetheless, the Sewer Pass entry price tag now sits at $3,000. It’s the price the market is willing to pay to get their hands on a Sewer Pass. It surely is one of the cheapest entries into the Yuga Labs ecosystem at the moment. In addition, owning other Yuga Labs NFTs can provide a score boost, creating utility and in return some demand.
These are the floor prices of Yuga Labs NFTs:
- Bored Ape Yacht Club – 65.95 ETH
- Mutant Ape Yacht Club – 13.25 ETH
- Bored Ape Kennel Club – 6.75 ETH
- Sewer Pass – 1.89 ETH
- Otherdeed to the Otherside – 1.35 ETH
In addition, Dookey Dash wasn’t meant as a public release game, but purely as a gamified minting experience that fits the Bored Ape and Otherside storyline. Maybe in the future Yuga Labs will open up its ecosystem, allowing anybody to participate and own based on their in-game activity.
10 NFT Highlights
Even though Dookey Dash and the Sewer Pass is the talk of town at the moment, these were not the most remarkable NFT sales. On DappRadar you can always find the most recent or most expensive NFT sales. We’ve selected 10 NFT sales that stood out last week.
- Fidenza #561 – $240,600 / 145 ETH – Buyer’s wallet is almost empty
- Wolf Game Deed #13025 – $66,950 / 42 ETH – Buyer’s wallet is new to Wolf Game
- American.eth – $50,400 / 31 ETH – Buyer’s wallet bets on more domain names
- Gm-week.nft – $25,860 / 26k MATIC – Buyer’s wallet only contains MATIC
- Azuki #4104 – $194,080 / 127.5 ETH – Buyer’s wallet contains $1.27 million
- Ringers #905 – $129,390 / 85 ETH – Buyer’s wallet contains QQL mint passes
- NFTfi Loan #22067 – $116,450 / 70.25 ETH – Buyer’s wallet might repay the loan?
- Noun 133 – $54,910 / 36 ETH – Buyer’s wallet is a huge $6 million whale
- PROOF Collective – $49,600 / 31.99 ETH – Buyer’s wallet contains BAYC and CloneX
- 7777.bnb – $10,570 / 35 WBNB – Buyer’s wallet has more SPACE ID assets
Carry your Web3 journey with you
With the DappRadar mobile app, never miss out on Web3 again. See the performance of the most popular dapps, and keep an eye on the NFTs in your portfolio. Your account on DappRadar syncs with our mobile app, giving you soon the option to receive alerts live as they happen.