Marketing has been the heartbeat of the world since the first trades started in times unknown. While the methods used evolved, the need for marketing did not stop. For every product and service, it is absolutely normal to spend a portion of the budget on promotions so that investments can be regained. This line of thought extends to the new-era decentralized internet, as the domain “Web 3.0 marketing” has seen its usage rising in recent times by businesses aspiring to make it big in the Web3 space. We will see some Web3 marketing tips as we progress further.
Before Delving Deep, What is Web 3.0?
Web 3.0, or Web3, is the new-gen internet based on emerging technologies such as blockchains, virtual reality, augmented reality, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and the internet of things. While all these technologies have their roles in Web 3.0, blockchains hold the key, as they store data and host business applications. Where were we before Web3? We had Web1 and Web2, which allowed one-side content flow and double-side content flow, respectively.
- In Web1, the content was displayed as text without many multimedia options as internet speeds were slow.
- Web2 changed things so much, as people were able to create and share multimedia content with each other at lightning speed using social media networks.
- Web3 is an extension of Web2 that calls for more user-inclusiveness as Web2’s potential was misused by firms through data sales and breaching events.
Now, we will progress to see more about Web 3.0 marketing.
Web 3.0 Marketing: A Snippet
Simply put, Web 3.0 marketing is the newest use case of digital marketing which focuses on end-users more than ever. But, wait! It does not depend on traditional data collection-based marketing that results in spammy marketing campaigns by Web2 companies. Web3 promotion also depends on niche-based communities, which makes a huge difference compared to conventional digital marketing strategies. With all that being said, most Web3 marketing plans are extensions of Web2 digital marketing tactics adjusted to qualify for usage for Web3 businesses. Web3’s nature also helps a great deal in empowering such new businesses that spare thoughts for end-users.
Web 3.0 Marketing: The Impact
While Web 3.0 marketing is still evolving just like the underlying technology, the visible impact has already drawn parallels to the World Wide Web (WWW) revolution. Although the changes brought by vary proportionately, the impact scale is set to be similar in a few years’ time. Web3 digital marketing also has helped Web3 ventures gain loyal communities and revenues, all while respecting users’ privacy and preferences. Proven strategies combined with effective user-focused execution assure that Web3 businesses never need to wait for success as it will arrive sooner than anticipated.
Vital Elements of Web 3.0 Marketing
- Semantic Web assists Web 3.0 marketing campaigns with promoting ventures through the usage of more natural and “almost-grammatical” search queries, just like how Google search and Voice assistants do it nowadays. With advancements in the Internet of Things (IoT), it makes more sense how internet searches are made conversational.
- Artificial Intelligence, as a Web 3.0 marketing element, assists the space with structuring the back-end of the decentralized internet where users are placed on the top of the chain. The use of machine learning and data science algorithms plays a prominent role in making computers understand human language.
- Web3 is Ubiquitous, meaning that data can be accessed by anyone from anywhere, anytime. For Web 3.0 marketing, this means that marketers can access data from any device connected to the blockchain, and personalizing Web 3.0 advertising campaigns becomes easier for businesses based on user consent.
- Decentralization is the core of Web3, and the previous point has shown how it is beneficial. Web 3.0 marketing benefits from such a nature as data is distributed across blockchains, and no central entity controls them. Also, note that data will only be made available based on user consent which is incentivized.
Advantages Offered by Web 3.0 Marketing’s Decentralized Nature
- Intermediaries are no more required; hence direct reach becomes possible in Web 3.0 marketing.
- Server failures do not disrupt projects anymore.
- Data theft becomes impossible.
- Authorization from external entities is no longer required.
- Usage of 3D images enhances user experience and hence, increases business.
Various Natures of Web3 Companies
Companies utilizing Web 3.0 marketing can either be centralized or decentralized. A company is said to be centralized when it has a central body overseeing the business activities while enabling trades through blockchains. Decentralized companies using Web3 marketing tips run through the user community’s participation, meaning that no one person or group can control the platform’s progress.
Firms utilizing Web 3.0 advertising can also be either tokenized or not tokenized. In a tokenized company, progress is based on community activity and decisions taken through referendums. Non-tokenized firms refer to companies where a board of members (typically, the platform’s developers) control the progress and decide future moves. It should also be noted that not all centralized businesses are non-tokenized, as some provide governance tokens to users.
Web 3.0 Marketing: The Ways to Succeed
The below points provide some Web 3.0 marketing plans that are highly successful.
- Catching on Web3 trends
- Utilizing NFTs as a Web3 marketing strategy
- Connecting to users through social media
- Using memes as a Web3 digital marketing tip
- Using novel Web3 Key Performance Indicators to assess the reach
While the above Web 3.0 marketing strategies and factors can be beneficial for promoting businesses, it is important to have a helping hand to boost prospects. Blockchain App Factory’s Web 3.0 advertising wing has assisted many Web3 projects through its innovative plans and creative team. Work with the firm today to ensure maximum reach for your brand-new Web3 business using proven Web3 digital marketing tactics. Our 7+ years of experience have some exclusive strategies to share and success stories to tell. Schedule a meeting soon if you want to become a recognized face in the Web3 world!